Sunday, August 06, 2006

Original Tip #6 - Never read a book of demon summoning aloud, even as a joke.

It's hard for me to feel honest while giving this tip, since I distinctly remember reading a summoning spell from the Necronomicon my sophomore year in college. But, Cthulhu never materialized, and I don't recall being in a horror flick at the time, so maybe the creature from the Void didn't hear me.... or did he?

Regardless, many a horror movie character has ignored this crucial advice, providing audiences with many scenes of bloody and possessive entertainment. Evil Dead I & II come to mind as my all time favorites that demonstrate the breaking of this rule. If you like Sam Raimi's splattery and humorous brand of horror, check out Deadites.net, billed as the official Evil Dead fan site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home